Integrated Public Alert and Warning System
The Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) is an architecture that unifies the United States’ Emergency Alert System, National Warning System, Wireless Emergency Alerts, and NOAA Weather Radio, under a single platform. IPAWS was designed to modernize these systems by enabling alerts to be aggregated over a network and distributed to the appropriate system for public dissemination.
DesktopAlert – IPAWS
- Initiate emergency alerts to ip-addressable warning devices via single web-based interface.
- Integrate user data from data sources such as LDAP/Active Directory, SIDPERS and MILPDS, CSV.
- Manage single repository of emergency alerting templates and scenarios.
- Manage permission-based access for operators (unlimited administrators/moderators).
- Enable real-time tracking and reporting (AJAX). Bi-directional acknowledgement capability for all devices.
- Manage integration to multiple delivery devices such as public address systems, indoor intercom systems,
VoIP Phones, Land-lines, Cell, Pagers, E-Mail, Workstation pop-ups.
- Full integration XMPP Live Instant Messaging.
- Alert applications are customized with your network insignia.
Desktopalert – IPAWS
- Metis Secure Command Center software enables control, integration, and automation of emergency communications, life safety, and security systems at your facility or campus. It provides operational control to these systems from on or off site, via internet browser or mobile device. When integrated with your site’s existing communications devices–such as IP phones, digital signs, computer screens, and PA speakers–the Command Center acts as the hub for your Emergency Communications Information Management (E-CIM) system.
- MS-5100 and MS-6100 indoor and outdoor Emergency Help Stations provide a fast and effective communication link to strategic site locations. They enable you to broadcast multi-modal emergency alerts—including voice directives, flashing lights, sirens, and text on the built-in LCD screen. They also provide built-in, inbound help call functionality–via two-way, hands-free, live voice—between people in need and security personnel or police. Each Help Station is battery-backed and acts as an independent wireless network node, forming a redundant communications and power network that helps ensure that the system still works even if phone, power, and internet fail in a crisis. For those who need a discreet way to signal for help, Metis Secure offers a line of software and hardware-based panic buttons, plus a mobile panic app.
- Metis Secure software and hardware easily integrate with both network and analog security and life safety systems—including access control, IP video, handheld radios and mobile phones, hazardous materials and other sensors.
Indoor Emergency Help Stations
The Metis Secure wall-mounted Emergency Help Station broadcasts instant emergency alerts and voice instructions, so that everyone at your site knows what to do in an emergency. With the press of the Station’s help button, anyone at your site can immediately speak with security or police to request help or report what is happening.
MS-5100 Indoor Emergency Help Station Features:
- In a mass emergency, alert everyone at your site in seconds, and provide actionable emergency voice instructions. In the case of a smaller incident, alert and instruct just the people at the affected location
- Send targeted instructions to specific locations via text to speech
- Multi-faceted alerts are highly intrusive, with voice, text, sirens, and lights
- Help button connects people in need with security via two-way, hands-free, live voice communication over IP networks
- Help Stations can be set up to connect people in need directly with security patrols via their handheld radios or mobile phones
- If central power, phone, text, and internet networks fail, Help Stations automatically switch to battery and wireless mesh network backup, so they still work when other systems are down
Outdoor Emergency Help Stations
The outdoor/ruggedized Emergency Help Station protects people in locations such as parking garages, industrial settings, transportation tunnels and stations, parks and courtyards, and athletic fields. With the simple press of a Station’s Help button, people are connected to on-site or third-party security or police in seconds.
MS-6100 Outdoor/Rugged Emergency Help Station Features:
- Endpoint of a comprehensive IP-based emergency notification and communications syste
- Supervised system automatically alerts operators in cases of tamper, power, or other operation issues
- Features triple-redundant communication technologies (Wi-Fi or Wired Ethernet, Wireless Mesh, FM-RBDS)
- Delivers targeted messages in seconds, with voice and text display, sirens and flashing lights
- Includes all of the features you expect from a ruggedized Station: molded UV-rated bright safety yellow enclosure; extreme weather resilience (-20° F to 150°F); NEMA, UL/cUL 50/508, CSA Std. C22.2 type ratings of 1, 3, 3s, 12, 13, 4X