Senior Sales Engineer
Desktop Alert is looking for a Sr. Sales Engineer for their growing team. This position will be based in Chatham, NJ.
We have a global team of highly skilled Sales Engineering professionals. We are seeking pre-sales professionals, with an established track record of cloud software sales success. As a Sr. Sales Engineer at Desktop Alert, you will work directly with leading organizations, with companies of every size, across multiple industries and geographies.
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will work directly with Account Executives to understand customer and prospect challenges, map those requirements to the functionality of any of Desktop Alerts’s products and services, and deliver world-class demonstrations to present the value and benefits of the Desktop Alert Mass Notification solution. The Sales Engineer also works closely with Product Management to understand the company’s road-map and vision across the different clouds.
- Develops and collaborates with other SEs on the technical sales strategy for key opportunities
- Involved in the development of complex and/or team based demonstrations and presentations
- Ability to work multiple sales opportunities at any given point in time
- Lead and assist in complex and comprehensive RFP responses
Can participate or lead special cross-functional projects including:
- Collaborating with the global sales teams on Desktop Alert content and organization Launching new sales strategies for Desktop Alert.
- Promote SE team education, enablement and knowledge sharing including identifying formal processes/personal required to effectively support all aspects of the Desktop Alert Cloud
Travel Expectation: 50%
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ Years of experience selling software, i.e. Pre Sales Role (SaaS, Cloud solutions preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in selling to fortune 500 companies
- Well versed in all aspects of sales engagement including initial discoveries, demonstrations, evaluations, proof of concepts, and transition to services
- Proven track record of domain expertise in vertical markets from such industries as High Tech, Telecommunications, Pharma/Life Sciences, Financial Services/Insurance, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality and others
- Ideal candidate will have experience in compensation software
- Knowledge of any or all of the following HTML, J2EE, SQL, JDBC, XML, JSP is preferred
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.